The Adults and Childrens Committee voted last week to close Murray House, despite the previous Liberal Democrat administration promising that residents in Murray would ‘not be asked to move again’.
For more background, go to the other article relating to Murray House published last week.
RESIDENTS HAVE A CHANCE TO FORCE THE COUNCIL TO REVIEW THIS DECISION.
For those who want to know why this decision should be reviewed:
- The target date for closure is set for the winter period, which the Council has previously stated should be avoided for a care home closure.
- All residents of Murray House and the overwhelming majority of consultation responses did not demonstrate support for the closure of Murray House.
- The Council is not honouring its commitment. An undertaking was given by Council Leader Derek Osbourne at the People’s Services Committee in 2013, confirmed by Councillor Liz Green in 2015, that residents moving into Murray House from Newent House would not be expected to move again.
- Closing Murray House has the potential to have an adverse impact on the health and wellbeing of the remaining residents.
- The council failed to engage with the community on options surrounding Murray House, as they promised to do in 2015
- MILAAP will be unable to offer its current level of service.
SIGN THE PETITION:
Community Call In: Murray HouseRead the petition
THE DECISION TO CLOSE MURRAY HOUSE BREAKS PREVIOUS LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PROMISES – IF YOU’VE SIGNED THE PETITION, WHY NOT SIGN BELOW TO E-MAIL COUNCILLORS ABOUT THIS, AND URGE THEM TO RECONSIDER?
Tell your councillor to keep Murray House open:
Read or edit the petition